Friday, April 11, 2014

AFTER.

Good--

Still me with sepia.
Four-corner this grief
and make it stick.
Deftly, deftly
(with finger licked)
turn each page until
long ago and
once upon a time
render it mute.

Better--

Spike me with fever.
Burn it away,
from the outside in.
Minister me with
sips and spoons,
with wrapped necks
and garlic cloves.
Blind me with a cool cloth
until I no longer see
what I can no longer see.

Best--

Like a nursery curtain
(hush)
let this day close.
Let bedtime spill us all
into the Land of Nod.
With flashlights
and fairy dust,
chase it out from
underneath the bed.
Rock it away,
lullaby it down,
into oblivion.

Yes.

2 comments:

  1. "Monster"
    This war, steers the moon and stirs it too
    Alphas house, the spectrums of blue
    Came rejected green, tools objective view
    Took photos form, a reflected hue
    Family portraits, plants outcast mans clue
    Unwavering sea's, fashioned glue
    Low light imbued, but infrared bled through

    "Tactful"
    Mars, is cold and dead
    Outside realms of comfort
    Neptune, weeps instead
    Selene froze in import
    Time, spoiled with dread
    Eponymous now in court
    Rams, reed that go unread

    "Jokers"
    Jokes are red
    Oaks grow from shit
    Kings know calm songs
    Eros… then split

    "Joke"
    Just are the jokes belched by Eros
    Our flock keeps stock
    Kind men, at their end, know ticks of a clock
    Eternity makes for horrible odds
    Rust proves a valuable lesson
    Servable men, of sad kin, were fools in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clinton Hendley is my name...I do not know if we are related, but I dig the spells you've cast, Dr. Hendley.

      Delete